There is plenty to see and do locally:
- Tracht beach overlooking Galway Bay, is a beautiful blue flag beach within walking distance of Breacan cottage.
- The village of Kinvara, well known for its traditional music is just 4 miles away. There are two main festivals every year: The Crinniu na mBad ('Gathering of the boats')
and Fleadh na gCuach (The Cuckoo Festival).
- Dunguaire Castle on Galway Bay is a popular tourist attraction.
- Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre offer local yoga classes and runs courses throughout the year.
- In the summer months, Parkmore pier is bustling with activity which include sailing, canoeing, windsurfing, mackeral fishing and scuba diving, all on our doorstep.
- Click here for a comprehensive list of leisure activities in Kinvara.
Fishing boat at Parkmore Pier
Click on the smaller pictures to see a larger version.
- Mackeral Fishing
- Boat on Galway Bay
- Guests outside Breacan Cottage
- View of Parkmore Pier from Breacan Cottage
- Breacan Cottage
- Breacan Cottage scenery
- Galway Hooker at the Crinnu na mBad
- Seaside on our doorstep literally
- Galway Hooker with turf at the Crinnu na mBad
- Breacan cottage under the rainbow
- Al Fresco dining at Breacan Cottage!
- Cosy house with beautiful artwork
- Well known 'Galway Hooker' boat with traditional maroon sails
- 'Galway Hooker' boat right in front of house
- Picturesque nearby town of Kinvara
- Pier at Kinvara
In the environs one can visit:
- The famous Cliffs of Moher
- The Aillwee cave situated in the heart of the Burren is one of the most ancient caves in Ireland.
- The BurrenBeo website is an excellent guide to all that there is to see and do in the Burren area.
- Galway city just 20 miles away. This excellent web-site on Galway will give you an insight into this vibrant city.
- The home of Lady Gregory, Coole Park was frequented by William Butler Yeats, is renowned for its place in Irish history and literature.
Visit the Rough Guides destination guide to Ireland for recommendations on attractions, restaurants and up-to-date weather, health tips, and general information.